A workshop entitled “Social Communication and Social Cognition with Aspergers” will be presented on Wednesday, August 27, 2014 from 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM at our office located at 977 Main St. in Waltham, MA.
The speaker is Pamela Ely, M.S.,CCC–SLP, owner/CEO of The Ely Center, LLC, a speech and language center with a strong emphasis on the Social Cognitive aspects of learning, located in Newton, MA. She is a graduate of Smith College and Boston University. She works with school districts, private settings, families and individuals to enhance social competency. Pamela has completed mentor training with Michelle Garcia Winner. She is certified in Story Grammar Marker and recently is working in the area of Mindfulness with a yoga partnership program.
Disclosure: Relevant financial relationships – Pamela Ely,M.S.,CCC-SLP is the owner/CEO of The Ely Center, LLC and will receive an Honorarium for tonight’s program. Relevant non-financial relationships – Pamela is a member of ASHA and MSHA.
The participants will learn:
1. To define the implications of deficits in: Theory of Mind, Central Coherence, and Executive Function for these persons.
2. To explicitly teach skills of social cognition (small group, individual, community and classroom settings).
3. To consider an individual’s Social Cognition, Executive Functions, and Sensory Inefficiencies when designing programming for Intervention.
4. To use the principles and paradigm of social cognition (coaching) in all learning environments.
5. To reinforce verbally mediated problem solving, or the use of “self talk”.
This program is offered for 0.2 CEUs (Intermediate level: Professional area).
There will be a $54 per person course fee for this program, which includes a supper served at 5:30 P.M. Reserve early to insure your place; seating is limited. R.S.V.P. to Peg at 781-899-4709 or email info [at] CommunicativeHealthCare [dot] com by Friday, August 22, 2014.